Thursday, March 10, 2011

Fairbanks Militia Leader Schaeffer Cox Arrested By FBI After A Four-Hour Standoff; Lonnie Vernon Arrested For Threatening Federal Judge Ralph Beistline

Note: All posts about Schaeffer Cox on this blog can be called up HERE, with the most recent post appearing first.

Update March 10th 11:30 P.M: The post below has been partially superseded. In addition to the information reported below, KTUU Channel 2 and the Anchorage Daily News are now reporting that Schaeffer Cox, Lonnie Vernon, Karen Vernon, Coleman Barney and Michael Anderson were collectively charged with conspiracy to commit murder, conspiracy to commit kidnapping, conspiracy to commit arson, third-degree misconduct involving weapons, first-degree hindering prosecution and tampering with evidence. All five people were arrested without incident. Troopers say an investigation revealed plans to kidnap or kill troopers and a Fairbanks judge.

There is absolutely no way I'm prepared to believe this loony conspiracy theory at this time.

The Fairbanks Daily News-Miner reports that Fairbanks militia leader Schaeffer Cox has been taken into custody by the FBI after a standoff of approximately four hours. The arrest was first reported on Schaeffer Cox's Facebook page at 7:30 p.m. in the following post: "Schaeffer has been taken into custody by the FBI. Please pray for his safety and the safety of his family." KTVF Channel 11 in Fairbanks and the Anchorage Daily News also filed stories.

The standoff involved multiple police agencies, to include Fairbanks police, Alaska State Troopers, the FBI, and the U.S. Marshals Service. News-Miner staffers first discovered the situation when they found a Trooper carrying a rifle blocking the intersection of Farmers Loop and Scenic Loop near Cox’s listed Fairbanks address at around 3:30 p.m. At the time, Fairbanks police chief Loren Zager merely said that the operation involved the Sovereign Citizen Movement and multiple police actions. Later, Zager retracted his inclusion of the Sovereign Citizen Movement in his earlier statement. The FBI has also designated them a "domestic terrorist threat".

The News-Miner also reported that FBI agents and U.S. Marshals were seen in North Pole along with Troopers near Lyle Avenue on Silver Street at about 5 p.m. North Pole is about 20 miles southeast of Fairbanks; no details on that operation are yet available. However, the Anchorage Daily News has reported that Federal agents also arrested 55-year-old Lonnie Vernon for threatening to kill a federal judge, and that Troopers arrested some others on state charges. Based upon the details of the case United States of America v. Vernon et al, the targeted judge may have been Judge Ralph R. Beistline. Update: The News-Miner now confirms that Judge Beistline was targeted.

Vernon's entry in the Alaska Court System database indicates no previous criminal charges, but only four civil cases involving foreclosure and debt-related issues at present. U.S. Attorney Karen Loeffler will release more information on Friday.

The raid was originally though to be triggered only by Cox's failure to appear at a scheduled court hearing. A Fairbanks court issued a warrant for Cox's arrest after he failed to show up for his own trial for a misdemeanor weapons misconduct charge on February 14th. Cox had been charged with failing to disclose his possession of a concealed handgun in the presence of a police officer. He will now face an additional charge for failing to appear. Both offenses are class B misdemeanors; bail was set at $7,500. Cox has only one entry in the Court database at present. Of course, we now know that the raid was triggered by much more; I should have known that one would not send a team from four different law enforcement agencies and block off several different neighborhoods merely to execute a simple warrant arrest.

Since most of the mainstream media publicity about Schaeffer Cox has been biased against him, I searched for and found some supplemental information to provide a less-filtered window into Cox's thinking. On January 8th, 2011, Common Law Held Hostage posted an audio segment of a January 6th radio program in which Cox discussed his viewpoints. The segment finally begins at the 10:00 minute point of the embed below:



In the program, Cox recounts his experiences in 2010 in Alaska and how the Fairbanks Militia as well as some members of state government statute enforcement and even the provost marshall of the military base there supported him in resisting federal agents' efforts to take his son from he and his wife, trying to prompt violence in their effort to smear him as a domestic terrorist in the process. In December 2010, the Anchorage Press published a hit piece on Cox authored by David Holthouse, a former literary contributor to the Southern Poverty Law Center.

8 comments:

  1. I know one of the 5 arrested. He is a faithful LDS and I do not believe he would be party to such things as what they are being charged with.

    Question what the mass media feeds you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I most definitely question this whole story. I wouldn't be surprised if the Feds slipped an informant in on the group to incite them, then the informant went back and lied to the cops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Schaeffer is a psychotic lunatic, and always has been, ever since he was a child. You two are foolish simpletons who don't even deserve to be Americans if you think that Schaeffer is such a "hero".

    ReplyDelete
  4. John Wayne, featuring ReaSon3/13/2011 3:39 AM

    It is truly obscene that anyone's first reaction to this story is to assume a "conspiracy theory." The position that you defend is a conspiracy theory by definition.

    How do you slip an informant into his car to incite a dispute with his wife? This guy is a common criminal, no different than any other white trash woman beater. Apparently he might also be a dead beat considering these civil suits against him for outstanding debts.

    What question do you raise with "what the mass media feeds you?" Questioning is one thing, but the underlying premise is that conclusions must be based upon a combination of premises which are supported by fact and evidence. There is no evidence of ANY sort of conspiracy here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. No one here except one actually knows anything at all about the provable facts of the case. Shut up. Shut your pie holes unless you have anything constructive to say. I am at least 2,000 miles from Alaska, have no idea who Shaeffer Cox is, what he's done, or anybody associated with him. I just stopped by to check out some news on the internet. And what I find, as usual, is a bunch of shit-slinging and bunch of unfounded opinions. Since we have no king or ruler, our nation relies on the people to be generally intelligent, self-motivated, self-governing, free, and brave. I see no evidence of those things here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look I am against Guns and Violance, but this dose not stop others from making trouble but I live by the Bible in that if you live by the Sward than you die by the sward so I will not vouch for Him on any threats or any thing of Violance but I did Atend and have been discriminated is if I was a Crimanal! Its like they are mad at the choise of Movie I watched, they came using tv Camras to see who every one was and name each one that showed up and are chassing us all around in the sistem they are super Derty alright and they could very well get Charged by me as they dont have any thing on me that is real but they want to arrest me now for trumped up charges and I just want them arested for their fony crap nothing els just that ARESTED for framming me while Commiting a Feloney to do so, go see what thease foney fellons are charging me with see Kevin Bergman charges to see the same crap is going on they are fabricating crap over that I atended a Seminar as if going to a Movie and now I have been a Target they are most definatly FONEY NO DOUT IN MY MIND, but I wont give them the Pleasure of any Violance just the Laws they are breaking while Stalking me Ilegally starting FONEY INVESTGATIONS TO KEEP ME FROM BEING HEARD BY MY REPRESENITIVES, I fight the Legal way and they are just Screwing with me with out any reason just stealing every thing I own because I went to a Movie they were Watching atendance to have a bunch of new people to harass, to cover up the Crap they are getting exposed on by this Feller that I just happend to go see for the heck of it and now holly Crap they are all over me to what the Blank is really going on is whats in my Head, I did not really care I just wanted to get out for an eavning and now wow what did i step in is what Im seeing if they were not Dirty than why are they so up set????????????????? A Hint there is a Good Guy group who think they know all and have the rights to kill any one they please other wise why do we have the Nations highest rate of unsalved Murders they dont investigate their own????????? several Locals have mentioned the good old Boys are alive and well!!!warning me" they are doing a gods job or some thing, Killing any one they dont like is what Ive been told, so who are they the Police Court house Cleks Judges certain ones work their magic to make murder go away for their group! I know to much and never got invalved but I go see a seminar and Im a victum of their hushing crap Threats and sent assasins
    talk about a crock Lock them all up is what I got to say dont lower to their standards or give them any thing to use use the Law to dragg them out jump deep into the Law to get them dont do any thing wrong just get them arested that is hard but they are after more than they can chew if you watch your self close and them closser, they will break all the Laws so just get them for what they have been doing, before we ever got into this big Crooked Conspiecy they have been doing for along time we have nothing to do with it its them and they are scared of their own shadow other wise why would they be terrorizing little me a Charity helping the Needy ah Desporadose is all they are getting into alot of trouble dont let them take you out for their Crimes, Killers Assasins and Theaves is what you are dealing with nothing short of Klu Klux Clams type crap
    I had alot of Pride in our Police when I came to this town and now they are getting into my Pocket stealling my Claims and Distroying every thing I owned just to show me they are in charge I did not even care but now they care about me I cant even sleep at night with out having Camras and motion sensors I am scared of thease invaders they are the most nasty Ive ever been harassed by in my whole life, all because I went out for an eavning???? and now feds and locals are trapping me all day every day, I cant even go crap with out looking around to see if a snipper is trying to get a clear shot at me

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see you found and preserved my post the News Miner took them off their sight so this group found it and posted it here great good going who ever did Ive been terorized by these Good Old Boys to the brink but they got a real good guy to defrag this time? Im not a joke I will take them into the Flames they made and watch them fry like the Bugs they are, I wont make mistakes like Shaffer we can win this every one keep up the Faith forget Cox lets move forward? no Guns no Wepons just Law at its Finest is how we win Gog and Maygog is whats up a war of witts and right and wrong. Dont stop now just learnj from what has happened to Cox and dont make any more mistakes and keep together folks, all for one and one for all" with love from My Heart to yours listeners we can get our justice sistem fixed we must use real law and real points and real complaints OK? seven nine nine eight thee five six K Bergman.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Charity Wheels INC was attacked on Raidio this friday I was able to rebuttle the Caller but I cant believe these Evel Men would go to such low remarks about such a loved Charity we Give Cars to the Needy! they Shoot holes in my Cars they trapped up at the Claims they stole from us and stole every thing we own. What a bunch of Hoodlums and Thieves

    ReplyDelete