Joe Miller has also been interviewed by the prestigious Human Events magazine, which shows that he's acquiring national status. They've posted a part of the interview online. He discusses his basic political vision, his priorities for Alaska, and, most importantly, his differences with the incumbent Lisa Murkowski.
But most impressively, Joe Miller has seen how Arizona's new immigration enforcement law, SB1070, has struck such a responsive chord with so many ordinary Americans who not only do NOT benefit from our Open Borders policy, but have seen their jobs devalued and stolen by illegal immigrants as well as their neighborhoods and cities degraded by their presence. So he's crafted a hard-hitting no-nonsense platform designed to replicate the better parts of SB1070 while avoiding the more controversial aspects:
* Build a permanent border and deploy the necessary military and border security personnel secure it.
* No Amnesty for the people who broke our laws to come the U.S. Unlawful behavior cannot be rewarded.
* End the "Catch and Release" policy by making expedited removal of illegal aliens mandatory and require the completion of the US-VISIT entry-exit system, which uses biometric information to confirm the identity of foreign travelers entering and leaving the United States.
* Require employer verification of worker eligibility to work in the United States and stiffer punitive penalties for knowingly hiring illegal workers.
* Enact legislation declaring English as the official language.
* Limit birthright citizenship to the children of United States citizens and legal permanent residents.
* Deny certain federal funds to states that allow illegal immigrants to get driver's licenses.
* Deny federal education grants to public universities that violate the law by offering in-state tuition breaks for illegal immigrants.
* End all loopholes in federal law[s] that benefit illegal aliens, and those who profit from their illegal presence in the United States.
Surprisingly, ALIPAC has not extended an endorsement to Joe Miller yet, even though this platform basically mirrors their professed goals. This failure leads me to question William Gheen's stability and sincerity in fighting against illegal immigration. Gheen actually worked against other patriots promoting immigration reform in Arizona; Digger's Realm present the details in a series of posts beginning HERE.
The primary election ain't quite over yet. This could bring Joe Miller back within striking range of Lisa Murkowski.