The 2012 Republican Presidential field could get a bit more crowded -- and a whole lot more controversial and interesting in the months ahead. Dr. David Duke intends to launch an exploratory campaign to determine if there is sufficient public support for him to run for President in 2012 -- as a Republican.
The article disclosing this information is penned by John Darty and is posted on both Dr. David Duke's website and on this Stormfront thread. I could not verify whether or John Darty is actually a separate person; a Google search of his name did not clarify this issue. Nonetheless, Dr. Duke is at least actively encouraging such speculation. He says he will soon start a year long tour across America from his home base in Mandeville, LA. He plans to speak in every state and gauge the political response to his possible entry into the race for the Republican nomination. He reports that he has the support of the rank-and-file Tea Party Movement just as he had support of both the Republican conservative vote and Democratic hard hat vote in Louisiana. Over the past few weeks since the release of his “David Duke Speaks to the Tea Party” video, thousands of Tea Party activists have urged him to run for President. That video and another were both taken down by YouTube, but a two-part replacement is now embedded below:
Dr. Duke has crafted an initial platform, with six important and all-defining planks:
1. Bring all U.S. troops home from foreign nations and put as many as we need to seal the US Mexican borders. Let Europe, the Mideast, and the rest of the world run their own affairs, solve their own issues. Why should our boys be guarding the borders of Afghanistan and Iraq when the greatest threat to our people is along the Mexican American Border and in the smoke-filled rooms of politics and media in Washington, New York and Hollywood!
2. Fair trade not free trade! It’s time to protect American business and American workers! Tariffs on goods coming from slave wage nations, and tariffs. And no more outsourcing of American jobs!
3. Prosecute the criminal International banks! Bailout the taxpayers — not the bankers! Put an end to the Banker control of the Federal Reserve, no more “foxes guarding the chicken coop!”
4. An absolute end to the racial discrimination of affirmative action and diversity. True Equal rights for all! Defend the Constitution of the United States and our American heritage!
5. No more foreign control over our foreign policy by the Israeli Lobby! The interests of the United States must be put absolutely first.
6. Tax Hollywood and use the money to expand, cheap high speed, fiber optic internet access to every corner of America, and let the American people develop their own media.
It should be noted that Dr. David Duke pleaded guilty to the felony charge of filing a false tax return under 26 U.S.C. § 7206 and mail fraud under 18 U.S.C. § 1341 in December 2002. Following his release in May 2004, he stated that his decision to take the plea bargain was motivated by the bias that he perceived in the United States federal court system and not his guilt. He said he felt the charges were contrived to derail his political career and discredit him to his followers, and that he took the safe route by pleading guilty and receiving a mitigated sentence, rather than pleading not guilty and potentially receiving the full sentence. The fact that Ted Stevens chose to fight the charges against him yet still got convicted tends to confirm the wisdom of Dr. Duke's strategy. Yet according to FactCheck, a Federal conviction does NOT bar someone from running for Federal elective office.
Dr. Duke has previously run for elective office several times, only once successfully. He first ran unsuccessfully for the Louisiana State Senate as a Democrat from a Baton Rouge district in 1975. In 1979, he ran as a Democrat for the 10th district Senate seat and finished second in a three-candidate race. In 1988, Duke ran initially in the Democratic presidential primaries. His campaign failed to make much of an impact, with the one notable exemption of winning the little known New Hampshire Vice-Presidential primary. Having failed to gain much traction as a Democrat, he then successfully sought the Presidential nomination of the Populist Party, finishing with only 0.04 percent of the popular vote.
Then he switched to the Republican Party. In 1989, he was elected to the District 89 seat in the Louisiana House of Representatives, serving from 1990-1992. Dr. Duke then launched unsuccessful campaigns for the U.S. Senate in 1990 and governor in 1991, although he finished with 39 percent of the vote against Edwin Edwards, who later went to jail for corruption. Dr. Duke also ran for President in 1992, for U.S. Senate in 1996, and in a special election to succeed Bob Livingston in the U.S. House in 1999, all unsuccessfully.
Analysis: Dr. David Duke provides an excellent weapon paleocons can use to wrest control of the Republican Party from the neocons who destabilized our culture through forced diversity and multiculturalism, who transformed our country from a constitutional republic into an international marketplace under the guise of "free trade", who allowed the devaluation and eradication of jobs through mass immigration, and who mindless squandered our strength and means though endless foreign wars under the guises of "nation-building" and "peacekeeping". But above all, the candidacy of David Duke gives us the means to exact payback for 45 years of affirmative action, quotas, and other forms of White-bashing.
If the Republicans respond by giving us another John McCain in 2012, we can respond by taking the risk of giving the country Obama for another four years. We will no longer settle for merely the "best of the worst"; we want the best for the country.