Monday, November 26, 2007
Pat Buchanan Predicts The End Of America In His Forthcoming Book "Day Of Reckoning"
"America is coming apart, decomposing, and...the likelihood of her survival as one nation...is improbable -- and impossible if America continues on her current course. For we are on a path to national suicide."
This is just one of the more provocative statements you'll find in Pat Buchanan's newest book, entitled "Day Of Reckoning: How Hubris, Ideology, and Greed Are Tearing America Apart". Slated for public release on November 27th, 2007, this book goes further than any of Buchanan's previous books, including "State of Emergency". In fact, "Day of Reckoning" not only could be considered a sequel to "State of Emergency", but could very well be a prequel to Thomas W. Chittum's "Civil War Two". Story released by the Drudge Report.
Acording to Matt Drudge, Pat Buchanan describes America as being in an existential crisis from which the nation may not survive. He observes that our military is breaking apart and is too small to meet America's global commitments. Economically, we are in a slow meltdown, with the dollar sinking to historic lows and being dumped by foreign government. U.S. manufacturing is being hollowed out, exported, and what's left turned over increasingly to Third World immigrants. Indeed, our present immigration crisis, the greatest peacetime invasion in history, from the Third World, is swamping the ethno-cultural core of the country, leading to Balkanization and the possible loss of the Southwest to Mexico.
In addition, the culture is being deliberately collapsed and the nation is being deconstructed along the lines of race and class. A fiscal crisis looms as the unfunded mandates of Social Security and Medicare remain unaddressed.
And Buchanan contends that all these crises, hitting America simultaneously, constitute a "perfect storm".
Specifically, Buchanan contends:
• Pax Americana, the era of U.S. global dominance, is over. A struggle for global hegemony has begun among the United States, China, a resurgent Russia and radical Islam
• Bush’s invasion of Iraq was a product of hubris and of ideology, a secular religion of “democratism,” to which Bush was converted in the days following 9/11
• Torn asunder by a culture war, America has now begun to break down along class, ethnic and racial lines.
• The greatest threat to U.S. sovereignty and independence is the scheme of a global elite to erase America’s borders and merge the USA, Mexico and Canada into a North American Union.
• Free trade is shipping jobs, factories and technology to China and plunging America into permanent dependency and unpayable debt. One of every six U.S. manufacturing jobs vanished under Bush
• “Sovereign Wealth Funds,” controlled by foreign regimes and stuffed with trillions of dollars from U.S. trade deficits, are buying up strategic corporate assets vital to America’s security
• As U.S. wages are stagnant, corporate CEOs are raking in rising pay and benefits 400 to 500 times that of their workers
• The Third World invasion through Mexico is a graver threat to our survival as one nation than anything happening in Afghanistan or Iraq
* European-Americans, 89% of the nation when JFK took the oath, are now 66% and sinking. Before 2050, America is a Third World nation
• By 2060, America will add 167 million people and 105 million immigrants will be here, triple the 37 million today.
• Hispanics will be over 100 million in 2050 and concentrated in a Southwest most Mexicans believe belongs to them.
And here are Buchanan’s recommendations to turn this country around:
• A new foreign-defense policy that closes most of the 1000 bases overseas, reviews all alliances, and brings home U.S. troops
• A purge of neoconservative ideology and the “Cakewalk” crowd” from national power.
• To avert a second Cold War, the United States should “get out of Russia’s space and get out of Russia’s face,” and shut down all U.S. bases on the soil of the former Soviet Union
• To reach a cold peace in the culture war, Buchanan urges a return to federalism and the overthrow of our judicial dictatorship by Congressionally mandated restrictions on the jurisdiction of the Supreme Court.
• To end the trade deficits and save the dollar, Buchanan urges a Hamiltonian solution: a 20% Border Equity Tax on imports, with the $500 billion raised to be used to end taxation on American producers
• To prevent America becoming “a tangle of squabbling nationalities” Buchanan urges: No amnesty for the 12-20 million illegal aliens; a border fence from San Diego to Brownsville; Congressional declarations that children born to illegal aliens are not citizens and English is the language of the United States; and a “timeout” on all immigration.
Buchanan's book is also reviewed by VDARE columnist Paul Craig Roberts. Additional discussion available on the Vanguard News Network Forum.
Even if we were to implement all of Pat Buchanan's recommendations tomorrow, I still question whether it would completely fend off a meltdown. Two mainstream sources, Goldman-Sachs and Trends Research Institute, are predicting a major economic depression in the United States as early as 2008. While the "experts" can be wrong, this is the first time I've heard of mainstream establishment sources making these type of predictions.